Tuesday, July 7, 2009

It is hard to believe in just over two weeks I'll be on the go again. This time it will be to Texas to teach two classes, Tokens from the Sea and Call of the Sea, for the Austin Stitchery Guild.

Tokens from the Sea

Call of the Sea

When flying, I always take the linen, fibers, my models, etc. in a very large carry-on bag, but I need to ship other things. The photo below shows 3 large boxes which weigh a total of 79 pounds!! I just sealed up the last one, and they are ready to go to Fed Ex later today. Freida and I decided that we would treat ourselves to a cup of tea once I post these photos. Need to run--as you can see Freida is waiting for me.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it!!!
hugs
françoise

Margaret said...

Have fun in Austin! Hope Frieda enjoyed the tea! :D What heavy boxes!!

Sandra said...

I just adore Tokens from the Sea, it's one of my favourite projects, just wish I could take a class.

Ellen said...

Sandra,

I'll be teaching in England both in 2010 and again in 2011. However, I doubt that Tokens of the Sea will be a possibility. The ditty boxes are so heavy that it is very expensive to ship them. It was bad enough shipping them to Texas. I can't even imagine the cost to ship them to England.

The ditty boxes are even more beautiful in person. The lid and bottom are solid cherry.

This is a fun class because besides stitching on the project, I'll show you some wonderful images of antique scrimshaw needlework tools and ditty boxes.

Hmm--maybe you should plan a quick trip to Austin. I sent one extra kit.

woolwoman said...

Ellen - this post brings back such fond memories of our time in New Bedford last summer. I have the box proudly displayed on a glass table in my sun room where all my "sea" things live including my mermaid rug and the mirabilia mermaid designs my dad has stitched for me. I know the ladies in texas are in for a treat with these two great projects. I loved Austin when I was there several years ago - wish I could go back soon - take care - Mel

Ellen said...

Melody,

What a terrific time we had in New Bedford last June! I can't believe that was over a year ago! Where does time go?

I'm glad that your gorgeous ditty box has found a special place in your home. Your Call of the Sea case will fit perfectly inside your ditty box. Enjoy!!