Monday, August 24, 2009

Remember Me Sewing Pocket by Carol

I'm sorry I've been a bit negligent in updating my blog. I've been busily working on a new model--a small needlework box with the working title of My Needle's Worke Box. The box measures just under 4 inches square. The good new is that I have completed the stitching; next comes the assembly and writing the directions. I hope you'll like my endeavours.

Several weeks ago Carol Presley sent me some photos of her Remember Me Sewing Pocket accessories. Carol stitched her pieces on 40-count Edinborough Sand with Weeks Dye Works Currant. She wrote, “I really love how they came out. They are so small!!"


You may remember from other posts of the Remember Me Sewing Pocket (click on the product title in the sidebar on the left side of the page to see other versions) that the project includes three pieces: a pocket, a needlebook, and a scissors weight.) Carol stitched the scissors weight and chose to turn the design for the needlebook into a little pincushion with a sweet tassel on one corner. Isn't that darling?

Carol, I bet your pieces are very tiny. I stitched the pieces for my model on 32-count, and I know how small they are. Yours are even smaller! Boy--I wish my eyesight was as good as yours. Even with my Dazor, I have a hard time seeing on 40-count linen.

Thank you for sharing your work. (I also enjoyed seeing the beautiful whitework piece that is under your pincushion and scissors weight!)

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Aren't these just adorable?? Great job, Carol!