Friday, August 28, 2009

Anne's A Needleworker's Sampler Huswif (a class piece) wins a ribbon!

I've been busy this week working on a new model, a sampler, and also getting kits ready for upcoming classes in Michigan. Yesterday I cut lots and lots of silk threads and dupioni silk for A Needleworker's Sampler Huswif. This is one of my most popular classes.

A Needleworker's Sampler Huswif uses 27 different stitches. It can be made into a huswif or framed as a sampler. It can be made into a huswif or framed as a sampler.

It’s always great to get photos from stitchers who have been in a class. Here are a few photos of A Needleworker’s Sampler Huswif finished both ways.

Anne C. from Virginia took the class with the Loudoun County Sampler Guild in Leesburg. She finished the project as a huswif. Last year Anne entered her pieces at the Woodlawn Needlework exhibit in Alexandria, Virginia and won a ribbon. Congratuations, Anne!

Anne M. of Massachusetts took the class with the Mayflower Sampler Guild in Duxbury. She framed her sampler. Here it is along with her needlebook.











(views of the needlebook front and back covers)

Thank you, Anne and Anne, for sharing photos of your beautiful work! Hopefully, you two will inspire others to complete their projects and send me photos.

A Needleworker's Sampler Huswif is available only as a teaching project. You can see the inside of the huswif and needlebook, and also read a description of the project here.

8 comments:

Margaret said...

I do love this piece. One of these days, I hope!

Anonymous said...

lovely!!!
françoise

Cari said...

You know I am loving the Huswif. I need to get it out and get stitching.!!

Jennifer Ann Fox said...

Those are absolutely beautiful!

Ellen said...

Margaret, I'll keep you posted if anything develops up your way. My April booking has had to be postphoned until the fall, so I now have an opening then.

Cari, please keep me posted on your progress. Are you turning your project into a huswif or framing it like your sister did? Please encourage Cathy to send a photo for the blog.

Francoise and Jennifer, thank you for your very nice comments.

Sherry H. said...

Oh, I am so excited Ellen! I am in that Michigan class you are preparing the kits for. I have a friend who took this last fall and love the progress she has made thus far! I can't wait to see my fibers, fabrics, etc in person!

Sherry

Ellen said...

Sherry, I'm looking forward to meeting you next weekend in Michigan. Which class are you in--the huswif or the flag?

Sherry H. said...

Ellen,

I am in the Huswife class. I liked both but absolutely fell in love with my friend's Huswife (who took the class last year). I am looking so very forward to it!!!

Sherry H.