Friday, October 23, 2009

Quaker Sampling I by Becky

I recently ran across photos of Becky S.'s Quaker Sampling I posted on her blog, and I asked her if she would send me photos to show you. (Thanks, Becky.) Becky stitched her sampler in 2007.

Becky wrote, I was so inspired by this sampler when I first saw it. I did not see a stitched model of it but was so taken with the cover model on the chart itself that I knew I had to stitch it. It's just one of those designs you love instantly, without needing to see the "real" thing stitched up before purchasing.

I LOVE all things red, so I decided to use DMC 115 floss and 36ct. Flax. I love the way it stitched up and the overall look of the sampler, the colors, the motifs the frame I chose, it just all came together perfectly. I have enjoyed and DO enjoy and own MANY, MANY of your designs. Thank you, Ellen for such a gorgeous design and for your talents in the stitching world.

Becky's sampler before being framed
framed and ready to be hung on the wall
a close-up of the frame
Becky is from South Carolina and is known on the internet as "BeckySC". Perhaps you have seen some of her beautiful needlework. She is particularly fond of "smalls".

Thanks, Becky, for allowing me to share your lovely work. The red thread you chose is wonderful. The first photo nicely shows those color variations, and your frame beautifully complements your sampler. I hope you are enjoying having this sampler hanging in your home.

2 comments:

Vaida said...

I love this sampler! And Becky's choice of colour is great, the sampler is so vivid and warm!

BeckySC said...

Thank YOU, Ellen for such a delightful design :)