Saturday, November 28, 2009

Barb's An Emblem of Love

As I was cleaning out my email mail box earlier today, I found a photo of Barb's An Emblem of Love which I neglected to post earlier. Please accept my apologies, Barb, for the oversight.

Barb lives in Poulsbo, Washington which she told me is a lovely Norwegian town just across Puget Sound from Seattle. (I think I need to check out the town the next time I'm in the Seattle area. It sounds so charming!)

About her sampler Barb wrote, I used 32 count antique ivory linen. The thread I used was Needlepoint silk Atlantic Blue Range 923, 925, and 928. I inserted the initials of our children and our Grandson. This was done for my husband on our 31st anniversary. I loved the design and really enjoyed stitching it.
Don't you love Barb's version with the different shades of blue?

What a wonderful idea it was to include not only her initials and those of her husband but also those of her children and grandchildren. Barb, you have truly created a family heirloom!

5 comments:

KsMaryLou said...

So pretty, and such a lovely piece for an anniversary.

Tommye said...

That is so beautiful...of course, blue is my fav color.

Sandra said...

Seeing an Emblem of Love has just given me a great idea for next year. I need to stitch a sampler for my parent's 60th Anniversary and have been wondering what to do, but this will fit the bill perfectly - problem solved, thanks Barb and Ellen.

Patricia Lessell said...

Ellen this is just beautiful and you are quite right I do love it done in blue. Now in 8 years time it will be our 50th wedding anniversary but maybe I ought to start stitching it soon!
Lots of Love
Patti xxx

Siobhán said...

What a gorgeous sampler! I love it--a true heirloom for sure.