Friday, April 2, 2010

Dany's An Emblem of Love

Dany who lives in France stitched this multicolor version of An Emblem of Love in 2008. What a bright and cheery piece--perfect for spring, don't you think?

When I wrote Dany to see if she would like to write something to include with her photos, she first wrote me in French. Since my French is only so-so, I asked her if she would be able to translate into English what she had written.

I've decided to include here both Dany's original text in French followed by her English translation. Thank you, Dany, for the photos of your lovely work and also for writing for me in both French and in English.

J'ai commencé à broder dans les années 90 après avoir peint. En effet, je suis une ex-peintre reconvertie au point de croix. La peinture ne me permettait pas de cristalliser mes émotions. Avec la peinture, tout allait trop vite et le résultat était parfois aléatoire. J'ai donc continué à peindre, mais à l'aiguille. Je suis devenue une scénariste de la couleur... Broder est un retour à la matière, aux choses précieuses, authentiques, aux réminiscences. Ma première création s'intitule " premier noël d'Axel." D'autres créations ont suivi pour marquer les événements dans ma petite famille qui s'est agrandie.

Voici ma traduction ...
I began embroidering in the nineties having painted. In effect, I am an ex-painter converted to cross stitch. Painting did not allow me to crystallize my emotions. With painting, everything went too quickly and result was sometimes unpredictable. I thererefore continued painting, but in the needle. I became a scriptwriter of colour... To embroider is a return to material, to precious, genuine things, to reminiscence. My first creation is called ' first Christmas of Axel. ' Other creations followed to mark events in my small family which expanded.

7 comments:

Barb said...

Wow! That "Emblem of Love " is just beautiful!! I did it in shades of blue but love seeing it so colorful!

Nancy said...

A beautiful sampler stitched by Dany! Everything she does is so gorgeous and so inspirational!

dany said...

Merci Ellen !
Je te souhaite un beau weekend de Pâques

vivi said...

Dany's sampler is beautiful, like everything else she does, a real artist !

Happy Easter

Carol R said...

A beautiful Emblem of Love by Dany who is such an inspiration.

I am stitching this in an RR. We have 3 multicolours, a red, a deep blue and a denim blue which is mine. All are lovely in their individual colour choices and it would be hard to say which one I like best!

Ellen said...

Carol, please encourage your group members to send me photos....how much fun it must be to do this sampler as a RR!

francoisegodin@gmail.com said...

Vous faite des merveilles.