Thursday, February 10, 2011

Going, going, gone....

Just an update on the Special Edition of Miss Trenner's Needlework Academy which includes the boxes.  All of them have been preordered by shops attending the Nashville show.  In order to give as many shops as possible the opportunity to have some, I limited the pre-orders to 10 per shop. 

Please don't despair if you don't get one of the box sets, you can always get your own boxes.  The chart instructions will tell you how to line whatever boxes you have.  You could also put the panels in the bottom of baskets.  Oh--so many possibilities.

I'm still debating what to do with the damaged boxes and will most likely have a blog give-away of a couple of them in mid-March.  Sorry that it will not be until then, but I have a pretty full plate with my mother-in-law in the hospital in the critical care unit, trying to get out an automatic shipment with the two new designs, getting ready for Nashville, and teaching--all in 3 weeks!  Yikes!!

Even with all of this going on, I've been taking some time very early each morning to stitch.  As most of you know, my main focus these days is the Elizabeth Mears sampler.  She is within days of being finished.  Then I'll probably start on C Street Sampler's I Sigh Not For Beauty.  I still need to decide on what linen and threads to use.  I doubt I'll get very far on it (for now) because once things settle down, I need to get busy on a new teaching piece that will premier next spring.

It's pretty quiet around here these days, and even though we have cell phones, I don't want to venture too far away from home in case Tom calls with news. So I guess that I'll just pretend that some of you are here with me and we can stitch the day away. (At least in our dreams, right?)
Well, it's back to work for me.  Please save me a spot in the stitching circle for when I'm finished.

9 comments:

Bertie said...

Great to hear your boxes are such a success Ellen.
All the best with your mother in law.

Kelly said...

I want to join the sewing circle! Lets put on some pants, add proper lighting, and we will be all set:) My thoughts and prayers are with your family.

Babs in Alabama said...

Thoughts and prayers for you and your family, Ellen. I love the sewing circle pic, but what if we had to stitch in those dresses with only the outside light? And some of the most beautiful work was done just like that. good luck in Nashville and you'll always have a place in the stitching circle.
babs

Laurie in Iowa said...

I'm not surprised that your boxes have been a huge success... it's a fabulous project.
Sounds like you have your hands full for the next few weeks and your DH has his hands full with caring for/helping his parents.
I'm so glad that you're able to take a few moments for yourself in the mornings and work on your own projects.

woolwoman said...

Congratulations on the sell out of the box set - I knew it would be a success ! Sure hope I get mine and I was going to suggest a blog give away for the ones you did not feel were quite up to par - I'm sure any of your fans who did not get a set would be delighted to win one. I'm glad you are able to devote some time in your harried schedule to Elizabeth - my silks have shipped so I'll soon be on my way with her. I wish I was able to go to your class downstate but with work - I have to pick and choose my days away but 2 gals from our sampler guild will be there. My thoughts and prayers are with you and Tom (((Hugs))) Mel

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about your family. My partner's Nana was recently in hospital after having a stroke and it can be exhausting going in to hospital every day as well as working (not that we weren't very happy that she was well looked after and getting better!).

Completely off topic but could you tell me what the three samplers at the bottom of the photo are? They look really pretty.

Lisa M in NZ

Kathy Ellen said...

Hello Ellen,

My thoughts and prayers are with Tom's mother and father, and of course you and Tom. It is so difficult when our parents become ill. I too have had elderly parents with major health issues over the past two years. It is not easy. It is good that you are able to get in a little quiet, peaceful time with your stitching each morning, in the midst of difficult times.

samplerlover said...

Your family is in my thoughts. It is always a worry when a family member is seriously ill.
Congratulations with doing so well with Elizabeth Mears. She is a beautiful sampler.
Love your boxes they look wonderful and what a great idea with the damaged ones. - Sandra.

PegC said...

I've been a little out of the reading loop- is the picture you've posted of the ladies stitching a chart I can buy somewhere? AND--our LNS closed--do you have a list of shops that
bought you out at Nashville JUST in case I could get hold of one of your boxes?!?