Thursday, October 3, 2013

Fall Memories

I have good news on my new sampler that I told you about in my last blog post.  I had stitched the bird in the correct place.  To position him, I had counted off of the grass and not the vase in the center.  Whew!!


Earlier this week I finished the sampler, and hopefully I'll take it to my local framer sometime next week. Also this week I sent my Elizabeth Wood sampler off to be framed in an octagon-shaped frame.  (I'm so excited about that!)  

Several people have asked when the sampler will be released, and I'm sorry that I don't have an answer. We still need to write the directions, send them off to my product reviewers, and do the photography.  Things are pretty busy around here this fall because Tom is teaching a graduate level class on chemical separations at the University of Cincinnati and doesn't have much time to spare, and I'm preparing to teach twice this month.  I promise I'll let you know when the designs are ready.  Thank you for your interest.

This past weekend we had a wonderful family gathering in Columbus where our daughter lives.

First, we went to Haiden's soccer game.  It had been quite some time since we had seen 5-year olds play.


After a yummy brunch, we met our son and his family for apple picking.  The apples were plentiful, and a good time was had by all.





Then it was back to our daughter's house for a bit where we celebrated Tom's birthday with gifts and cupcakes.  Then, before heading home, we went to a nearby playground for some more fun.



And here is a final photo of the three Chester guys who all celebrated their birthdays in September!  Three birthdays in two weeks are certainly great reasons to celebrate!


Thanks for indulging me with these family photos.  In my next blog post, I'll get back to needlework--I promise!

4 comments:

Margaret said...

Oh I love your family posts! Happy birthday once again to the three birthday boys! I love the pics of the two cousins together, and of the three birthday boys. I'm so glad you had a good family weekend. I will do my best to be patient for your new releases. I'm so glad no frogging was necessary on your new piece!

Barb said...

Oh Ellen, I enjoy seeing your lovely family. The little guys are so cute! I suppose the big ones too for that matter.

Annette-California said...

Looking forward to seeing your octagon frame and sampler when its finished. Happy Birthday to your three guys:) and Congrats on finishing stitching your new sampler. Loved your post. HI TOM!
love Annette

Joyce Clark Frank said...

Family is a treasure we hold forever. Grandkids are the best. Love the pictures. I will soon be choosing another of your designs to stitch, love them.