Monday, April 28, 2014

On the Wild Side

During our time in Australia we had the opportunity to go to several places to see native birds and animals.  It was so interesting and so much fun!

The first place we went was Hartley's Crocodile Adventures.











We also went to the Featherdale Wildlife Center near Sydney.  There were so many animals to see that we could have spent most of the day there.  If we're ever back in the area, I would definitely like to spend more time there.

Here's part of what we saw.


Wallabies



Blue-winged Kookaburra
Wombat

Golden Pheasant

Southern Cassowary

Koala




Tasmanian Devil

Little Penguins
Cockatoo

Black-necked Stork

Bush-tailed Rock Wallaby

Brolga

Brahminy Kite
Both Australia and New Zealand are amazing, and I would like to return someday, hopefully in the not too distant future.

Thank you for your notes and comments.  I'm so glad that many of you are enjoying the photos from our trip.  Some of you asked questions in your comments.  If I haven't responded it's because your email address doesn't show up in your profile. You might want to add it so folks can get in touch with you when you leave a blog comment. If you're unsure if your email address is in your profile, click here and follow the steps. This works whether you have a blog or not.

5 comments:

Vickie said...

Beautiful! Especially the Golden Pheasant.

Margaret said...

I'm catching up since my power cord broke and I just now got back online. I loved seeing both this and the last post. Your adventure is so amazing to behold!

Jackie's Stitches said...

Wow! You were able to get really close to some of the animals. The Golden Pheasant is amazing!

krayolakris said...

Next time you're in Jax we will take you to the Alligator Farm in St. Augustine! You'll love it!

geeky Heather said...

Oh my heavens, you got to PET one of those adorable wallabies??!!!? And I know someone who will be very jealous that you got to take a picture with a koala. =) I love animal parks...could spend all day there for sure!