Friday, August 1, 2014

Kerri's Texas Version of Long May She Wave

I'm always thrilled to receive photos of completed With My Needle projects.  The piece I'm showing you today is Kerri M.'s Long May She Wave sewing case.  Kerri took the class for this teaching piece earlier this year when I taught in Austin, Texas for the Austin Stitchery Guild.  I gave the attendees an additional design for the flag pinkeep--they had the option of doing the American flag I had stitched on my model or the Texas flag.

Kerri wrote, I wanted to send you a picture of my completed "Long May She Wave" needlebook!  Although I am not a native Texan, I did change the small cushion to the Texas flag that you charted for us.  This will remind me of what a wonderful time I had in your class in Austin.  I was surprised at how quickly this went together.

The photo in the back is a distant relative on my father's side that fought for Pennsylvania in the Civil War and I thought it made a nice background.  I added the scissor fob which is by "Needlemade Designs", and the US scissors round out my set.

Thank you again for such a great weekend.  I am taking the small pieces of the "Ladies Workbox" with me to Lubbock this week and hope to make some progress on that lovely piece. 

I can't wait until I have another opportunity to learn from you.  I am hearing rumors you will be teaching a workshop for the "Tudor Rose Guild", and I will be there.



Thanks, Kerri, for the photos of your beautiful work and your kind words.  Your display is wonderful with the scissors fob and the wonderful civil war photograph.  What a treasure that is!  I hope to see you in Dallas in April when I teach for the Tudor Rose Sampler Guild!

6 comments:

krayolakris said...

Congrats to Kerri for her beautiful finish! Thanks for sharing!

Barb said...

What a lovely display. She is so fortunate to have been able to attend one of your workshops!

Annette-California said...

Fantastic finish by Kerri! I love this design. Beautiful display with special family photos from the civil war. Amazing! Thank you for sharing with us Ellen.
love Annette

Marilyn said...

What a great design, and a great finish.
It goes perfect with the old photo.
Thanks for sharing the pic Ellen.
Marilyn

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

A gorgeous set! Thank you for sharing!

diamondc said...

A very lovely sewing case, I love this pattern.
Thank-you for sharing Kerri's finished work.

Blessings
Catherine