Thursday, December 31, 2015

Wishing You A Very Happy New Year!


I wish everyone a wonderful start to the New Year! Hopefully you'll have lots of stitching time not only today but throughout the year.

Thank you to everyone who has supported my design business. My With My Needle Facebook page now over 2200 fans. Also, thank you to those who have bought my designs, contributed photos of your completed WMN projects for my blog, and taken classes. I've been blessed to make so many wonderful friends worldwide through our shared needlework passion.

For whatever reason, I no longer getting notifications when someone signs my guest book and leaves a note there. I answer all notes I know about, but without automatic notifications I sometimes miss your notes. If you have a specific question, please email me directly at examplar@withmyneedle.com or leave a comment under one of the blog posts.

If you've left a comment on one of my blog posts and I haven't acknowledged it, it's because your email isn't visible...in fact, it's set as "no reply". There's no way for me to contact you. I feel badly about that, but unfortunately there's nothing I can do. If you aren't sure if you're set as "no reply", ask me or another Blogspot blogger to check for you. Most people who are set as "no reply" have no idea that's going on.

I didn't produce many new designs in 2014. I hope to do much better in the coming year. We had quite a year last year, and I wasn't able to fully concentrate. I hope you understand.

2015 was not much of a stitching or designing year for me.  There was too much going on with my father-in-law's illness and death the first part of the year, travels and teaching later in the year, the birth of our twin granddaughters in August, and our moving in November.  I certainly hope to do better in 2016.

Below is a photo of the pieces I stitched during 2015.  I forgot to take a photo of Ann Smith (by The Scarlet Letter).  I made a lot of progress on her at the beginning of 2015, but still have quite a ways to go.

If you look carefully, you will see that there are two new With My Needle designs, Amidst the Crowd (inspired by one of my antiques) and A Gift From Heaven (a pair of birth samplers designed for Katie and Norah).  We just need to write the directions so hopefully we can have both designs available in another month or two.


Knowing that many of you enjoy seeing sampler walls, I hope to show you my new ones over the next couple of months. We've already hung over 195 pieces, but have a few more to go.

For whatever reason, I no longer getting notifications when someone signs my guest book and leaves a note there. I answer all notes I know about, but without automatic notifications I sometimes miss your notes. If you have a specific question, it's best for you to email me directly at examplar@withmyneedle.com or leave a comment under one of the blog posts.

If you've left a comment on one of my blog posts and I haven't acknowledged it, it's because your email isn't visible...in fact, it's set as "no reply". There's no way for me to contact you. I feel badly about that, but unfortunately there's nothing I can do. If you aren't sure if you're set as "no reply", ask me or another Blogspot blogger to check for you. Most people who are set as "no reply" have no idea that's going on.

I'd like to leave you with the sentiment expressed on this vintage postcard as I wish you the best in 2016!




6 comments:

Vickie said...

haha! I just read to my husband the fact that you have hung 195 pieces so far in your home. You should have seen his face. I laugh because then I told him that now my one wall I want covered in samplers does not look so bad, does it? ;)
A Blessed, Happy New Year to you all!

Marilyn said...

The new designs look great.
You had a very busy year!
My best for you and your family in the New Year.
Marilyn

Magiczny Świat Krzyżyków said...

Szczęśliwego Nowego Roku!!!

Barb said...

When you move, be sure there is room for all your wonderful samplers. I love the one you designed for the girls. I don't like the teddy bear diaper baby charts. If I ever need to stitch another baby one, it will be yours. There are just year that seem to have distracting things going on. After I broke my back and had to have emergency surgery, our whole plan for the next several months changed. My DH , who has been wonderful, did lots of the Fall and Christmas decorating. I think he is very relieved that the decorating seasons are over for a bit! I hope 2016 turns out wonderful for you and your family. With the addition of those two beautiful little girls, I am sure it will be a good year.

Margaret said...

Happy New Year, Ellen! How do you find space for 195 samplers? I just can't fathom having that much wall space. Love all your finishes for this year. Better than me! lol!

Cathy B said...

Happy New Year Ellen! Looking forward to seeing the pictures of your sampler walls.