I used 32 count Haystack Lugana and DMC threads, changing the stitches a bit to suit my own taste. The acorn caps were done in smyrna crosses and I chose to stitch the tiny squirrels and other over one elements in a full cross, over one, rather than tent stitch, which could well have been the reason it didn't get finished in 2008 - they were rather fiddly to say the least. I also decided against stitching the squirrels around the mattress pincushion, which I attached to the main body of the case, so it's not removable.
I assembled everything by hand and for that reason I didn't sew the gathered pocket into the side seam as directed, but attached it afterwards, but when I assemble "Cherished Workes" I'll try and do it properly. Finally, I attached silk ribbons for closure rather than a button and loop as my loops are not the best - I need to practice.
Thank you for all your lovely designs.
Sandra, you do such beautiful work. Thank you for sharing! I'm looking forward to seeing what will be your next accomplishment.
The Acorn Sampler Sewing Case is one of the 2010 SAL projects in my newsletter, With My Needle and Pen. Hopefully, we will be seeing lots of completed cases in the next months.