Wednesday, May 29, 2013

I LOVE Show-and-Tell!

As you probably have figured out, I love getting (and sharing) photos from needleworkers of their work!

Recently I received photos from Vicki N.and Mary M. of completed With My Needle projects.  Vicki sent me this photo of her Multiplication Examplar


Vicki wrote, Just want to share my finish... Kathy at Stitch Niche in Arlington wanted me to let you know I used the shop for finishing.  I love this design.  I am a teacher and want to use it in my classroom.  I also have an antique school desk I want to finish and display with this! Keep designing!  I love your stuff!
 
Here is a photo of the wonderful old school desk that Vicki is refinishing today.
 

Vicki, thank you for your photos and your very nice comments! I'm so glad you enjoyed this project.  Don't you love the hornbook frame from Valley House Primitives? The piece will look so wonderful next to your antique school desk--what a great idea! 

Next is Mary's completed Long May She Wave.  This is a teaching project. Mary took the class with The Sampler Guild of the Rockies last month and told me she loved the class.  (Thanks, Mary!)
 


As you can see, Long May She Wave is a very small sewing case.  It was nice that Mary included a ruler in her photos so you can see how tiny the project is.  Mary told me she's also been working on the Sampler Needlebook, so I'm hoping we'll soon see a photo of that also.


X-----X-----X-----X-----X-----X-----X-----X-----X-----X-----X

A Multiplication Examplar is available through your favorite needlework shop. 

Long May She Wave is a teaching project.  I'm next scheduled to teach it October 6, 2013 at House of Stitches in LaPorte, Indiana.  (Fruit of the Vine Sampler Huswif will also offered there.)  I'm also scheduled to teach Long May She Wave on June 1, 2014 for the Austin Stitchery Guild in Austin, Texas.  (A Lady's Worke Box will also be offered there.)  For more information on my teaching projects, to look at all upcoming teaching events, or to get registration information for any classes please see my complete teaching schedule at the With My Needle website. You must be present in class to get the class kits.

5 comments:

LynnO said...

Fantastic!

Barb said...

Such wonderful projects. I love the combination of the old desk and the Multiplication Examplar. I didn't know that Valley House Primitives had a Hornbook I love it.

Karoline said...

Beautiful projects, congratulations to both ladies

Margaret said...

Lovely finishes! I love that hornbook!! Which is a good thing since I have it tucked away for the future -- the chart is kitted too! lol!

Annette-California said...

Both finishes look Fantastic!!! Love the hornbook with the metal framing the beautiful sampler. And "Long May She Wave" - Outstanding. Love the colors:) Beautiful work Vicki and Mary! thank you for sharing Ellen. love Annette
ps only 2 days till I get to meet you:)