Sunday, May 19, 2013

Stitching with the Queen City Sampler Guild

Two weeks ago I taught A Lady's Worke Box for the Queen City Sampler Guild.   I'm very well acquainted with the talent among the members because this is my own local sampler guild. 

Most of those in the class had been in at least one of my classes before, and two of the ladies (Kim H. and Debbie M.) had been in seven of my previous classes! The only class Kim and Debbie haven't taken is my newest one, A Sampler Needlebook, that premiered last month in Denver for The Sampler Guild of the Rockies.  (Hmm--I think I need to develop a new teaching project--I have several ideas in mind.)

Unfortunately, I didn't remember to take a single photo at the workshop.  Can you believe that?  Luckily, someone took a few photos.  I have interspersed the workshop photos with ones I took at a guild stitch-in last week.



 I had asked the ladies to bring some of their completed With My Needle projects. 

Here is Lynn K. with her Long May She Wave (another class project) and Cherished Workes.  Cherished Workes was first published in Fine Lines and is now available through shops as a chart.  Lynn has also completed A Work'd Pocketbook (the queen stitched pocketbook), which is another chart available through your LNS.  Hopefully, she'll send me me some photos once it's assembled, or better still, perhaps she'll bring it to one of our guild gatherings.  I certainly would love to see it in person.


And here, slightly more than a week after the class, is Lynn's stitched A Lady's Worke Box needlebook.  She was working on the hornbook at last week's stitch-in, and I suspect by now she has completed that and perhaps more of the project pieces. (I'm sorry this photo is so bad.  I'm certainly not much of a photographer.)


Next is Sue B.'s completed Fruit of the Vine Sampler Huswif.  Sue spends part of each winter in Florida and took this class in 2011 with the Sarasota EGA.   Sue also brought two more completed teaching projects, Long May She Wave and A Needleworker's Sampler Huswif.  Sadly, I neglected to take photos of them.  The good news is I found photos of Sue with her A Needleworker's Sampler Huswif here.

And here is Sue last week at the stitch-in working on her needlebook for A Lady's Worke Box.


Next is Patti F.  Patti had brought her Ackworth Friendship Book to class, but, alas, I didn't take a photo of it.  (Sorry, Patti.)  Perhaps she'll bring it to a guild stitch-in so I can take a photo to show you.

It is amazing that Patti has gotten so much accomplished on her needlebook because, in addition to working full-time, she referees volleyball matches.  I can't remember the exact number, but she refereed around 17 games last weekend!  That certainly doesn't leave much stitching time.


And last is Diane L.  Diane and her sister, Janis, are both members of our sampler guild.  In fact, this year they are our Programs Co-Chairpersons.


Thanks, ladies, for letting me take your photos.  I know how much my blog readers enjoy seeing stitchers and their needlework.

5 comments:

Stasi said...

A lot of familiar faces there-looks like everyone is working hard!
Stasi

Barb said...

Great photos. It looks like a fun class.

Katrina said...

Fun, fun, fun!!!!!! Can't wait to see what you come up with for new classes :-).

Margaret said...

Love seeing the pictures of your workshop!

woolwoman said...

was great seeing all those beautiful WMN finishes and the talented ladies who stitched them.
Have a great week Ellen - Mel