Sunday, November 9, 2014

Spending Time with the Kindred Spirits Sampler Guild

It is hard to believe that it has been a week since I was with members of the Kindred Spirits Sampler Guild  in Novi, Michigan! What a delightful and talented group! The guild is celebrating their 15th anniversary this year. 

I taught two classes in a wonderful old building in a local park.  


Saturday's class was A Lady's Worke Box


The next photos were taken late in the day when I was demonstrating the assembly process. (That explains why everyone looks so intent.)




I took most of my three-dimensional models, and here are some of them.  I think everyone enjoyed seeing the items in person.  A photo never has the same impact.


Sunday's class was the premier of my newest teaching project, Kindred Spirits


Out of the 31 people in the class, there were three ladies who have now been in nine of my ten classes (all but a Sampler Needlebook). There were a few more who have been in eight of my classes. I'm always very pleased when someone decides to take multiple classes.  

Everyone seemed very pleased with their divided carrier. They particularly liked the size....it is larger than they had expected (even though I had given them the carrier dimensions) and therefore much more usable.


In class, we worked on two sides of the pin cube. Look at how much Amy got accomplished!  She certainly has turbo needles!!



Here are a few photos taken at the end of the day as I was demonstrating the assembly process.



Thank you to everyone who came to the classes, and special thanks to Lynn and Nancy who did so much to make the classes so enjoyable for all, myself included.

As I was leaving, Jane handed me a wonderful set of project bags that she had made. I love them, and they will come in so handy on my next trip.  Thank you, Jane!


5 comments:

Margaret said...

Looks like a lovely weekend -- wish I could have been there! Love the projects -- the carrier is gorgeous!

Cathy B said...

What a lucky group. Looking forward to doing your new project in Minneapolis next May!

Enjoy your day!

Jackie's Stitches said...

It looks like a beautiful location for a class! And a big class! I'm sure they enjoyed every minute of it!

Marilyn said...

Looks like a great class.
That workbox is gorgeous!
Marilyn

Barb said...

Looks like a happy and productive group!