Saturday, December 20, 2014

A Hodgepodge (A Trio of Samplers and Reindeer Cookies)

I was so excited to pick up Rebeckah Roundey last week from Carol, my framer. I love the frame we chose!! I haven't yet decided where I'll hang her.


I've been devoting my stitching time to Frances Eden. Here's a photo I took about a week ago. I've made a fair amount of progress since then--mainly the motifs on either side of Adam and Eve. I'll most likely be able to finish her in early 2015.


Unfortunately, the charts for both Rebeckah Roundey and Frances Eden are out of print. They were charted by Mary Riggs (Handwork Samplers) who is now retired from designing. 

I'm not sure if I ever showed you Mary's Sampler once it was framed. I stitched my version of this design by Paulette (Plum Street Samplers) last December but wasn't able to get it framed until January. This Christmas I have it on display on a brass easel.


Last night we had a special guest for the evening while his parents went to a Christmas party.


After dinner, we made reindeer cookies. Garrett, now 4 years old, really enjoyed it. He decorated eleven cookies--nine to take home and two for him to enjoy with his grandfather.




We're looking forward to an early family Christmas celebration this weekend. Perhaps we'll even make more reindeer cookies with our other grandson, Haiden.

11 comments:

Melissa said...

Such beautiful samplers, Ellen! I love Rebeckah. I must try and find the chart! Frances is such a joyful sampler I wish I had stitched her! Your "Paulette" piece is just in time for Christmas!

The reindeer cookies are so cute. It must be fun with share them with Garrett!

Merry Christmas, Ellen!

Angie said...

Ellen, I always enjoy your posts and finishes. It's a shame Mary retired from designing....about the time I discovered her lovely patterns. I was able to get Frances on that auction site but many more I would have loved to collect. Your grandson is very handsome! Enjoy your family and a very Merry Christmas to you and yours:)

Marilyn said...

All of the Samplers are so pretty.
Garrett is too cute, he is going to be a tall boy, isn't he.
Have a very Merry Christmas with your family, Ellen.
Marilyn

pj said...

What a beauty! I love Rebeckah! Guess the chart will be hard to find.

And, what a beautiful frame!

Enjoy your loved ones this holiday season! Merry Christmas!

Barb said...

What a great little cookie maker. I bet Grandpa enjoyed the cookies as well. Your samplers, as usual, are such an inspiration! Have a very Merry Christmas time with your family.

Vera said...

Hi Ellen. Rebekah is gorgeous and the frame looks perfect! Looks like the cookies turned out great. Best wishes for a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Krista said...

Beautiful samplers, Ellen! Looks like the holiday is in full swing. Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas!

Gillie said...

I' love the cookies and the sweet face! I need to get my Christmas sampler framed. Yours looks super.

Margaret said...

Rebekkah is gorgeous -- love that frame! Frances is looking wonderful too! I love those reindeer cookies you made with Garrett. So cute! I enjoyed seeing your pics from the weekend with your family on IG too! Hope it was a good celebration!

Jean said...

Love your Frances Eden.. Merry Christmas to you and yours!

woolwoman said...

Your framing choices are beautiful Ellen - Love your little Mary's sampler, makes me wonder where mine is LOL. I'm sure you are having fun with family during the holidays. Enjoy these times with the little boys - hugs Mel