Friday, May 5, 2017

More Williamsburg news!

My second early bird class for the 2017 Christmas in Williamsburg Festival is Olivia and Her Sampler.

A handmade Shaker box will hold your needlework treasures.  On the inside, the box features an embroidered bottom. Dupioni silk lines the walls of the Shaker box. Also included are three needlework accessories -- a scissors case doll, a sampler needlebook, and a pincushion. The scissors case doll is perfect for storing your embroidery scissors. The case has a front and back view of a young lady, Olivia, with her embroidery work.  You will be able to personalize your case with an initial on the linen in Olivia’s embroidery hoop.  The needlebook is Olivia’s completed sampler.  The second photo shows the back of the needlebook, scissors case doll, and pincushion.




This project uses the following stitches: Algerian eye, alternating double backstitch, backstitch, Belgian cross, closed herringbone, cross stitch, cross stitch over one linen thread, double-sided Italian, four-sided, mosaic, nun’s, Smyrna, and tent stitches.

In addition to the charts and detailed directions for stitching and assembly, the kit includes 36-count linen, silk embroidery threads, a needle, a wooden Shaker box, dupioni silk lining, and miscellaneous finishing supplies.

The scrimshaw ruler, threadwinder, and personalized box label shown in the first photo are not included in the kit but can be ordered at the class.

Registration for this class and others can now be done at Needle Art's Festival (click here).

6 comments:

woolwoman said...

I've sure missed your blog Ellen - and you of course ! The little pin pillow is adorable, love the colors on this one and the two sided doll scissor keep is so sweet! Hugs mel

Barb said...

What a delightful box and more wonderful stitches that I have never done!

deb said...

What a lovely, delightful set! And the list of stitches has me drooling (sorry - I'll wipe my chin).

Marilyn said...

What a pretty project.
I bet the Grandkids are getting big! :)
I think we need an update.
Marilyn

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Beautiful projects--I have been to Williamsburg at Christmas and it is beautiful--checking my schedule

Margaret said...

Oh so wonderful! I wish I lived closer to Williamsburg. i do love it there. Love seeing your projects so far!