Friday, November 5, 2010

Carmen's lovely ES's Floral Sampler

Carmen from Venice, Florida, sent me this photo of her completed ES's Floral Sampler. This sampler is a reproduction of a sampler I own.

Carmen stitched her lovely version on 40-count linen. Wow--I wish my eyesight were that good, but, even with my glasses and my Dazor lighted magnifier, 36-count is my limit.
Carmen and her sister, Barb, used to live in Dayton, Ohio, and were members of my sampler guild, so we've known each other for years. In fact, we met before the guild was formed nearly 16 years ago.

After retiring, Carmen and Barb, moved to Florida. They've asked me to teach my Fruit of the Vine Sampler Huswif next year for their EGA group in Sarasota. The class will be Monday afternoon (February 28) and all day Tuesday (March 1).

Class registration is now open if you are interested in joining us. Check the teaching page of my website to see photos, a project description, and contact information. You have to be present to get the class kit.

Thanks, Carmen, for sharing a photo of your very sweet sampler. I'm certainly looking forward to seeing you and Barb and also seeing your ES's Floral Sampler in person.

1 comment:

Margaret said...

It's gorgeous! It's funny -- I was just thinking of this sampler and saying to myself I needed to get to this one. What a coincidence!