Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Annette's Beautiful Finish!

Earlier this summer Annette completed her A Lady's Worke Box.  (She was in the class with the Bay Area Sampler Guild in San Francisco.)  I think you'll agree that she did a beautiful job both with stitching and assembling this project.  Bravo, Annette!

Annette wrote, I finally finished "A Lady's Worke Box"! It really didn't take that long to stitch up I just needed to focus and spend a little time with it. I absolutely LOVE my box. What a special treasure that is all mine and I made it. Every small piece is so lovely the specialty stitches adds texture to their look & feel. 

Thank you for such a wonderful & beautiful treasure you designed. I sure enjoyed stitching it and while doing so brought back all the wonderful memories of the other ladies in class and getting to meet you!




Annette, thank you for your photos and kind comments. It certainly was a delight meeting you and spending time with you and members of the Bay Area Sampler Guild.

At the class, Annette gave me a beautiful needlecase she had made for me.  This is the case I take with me almost every time I travel. On the inside of the case are two needlepages and a pocket--perfect for carrying my scissors. You can see the needlebook in the photo below in the Amish basket.



A Lady's Worke Box will next be taught on Saturday October 3, 2015 in Seattle for the Northwest Sampler Guild. You can get class information by either writing Theresa at kiddlady@yahoo.com or by visiting the guild's website. Kindred Spirits will be taught on Friday, October 2 and A Needleworker's Sampler Huswif will be taught on Sunday, October 4th.

You must be in the classroom to receive the kits. The registration deadline is on July 28--just two weeks from today.  I hope to see some of you in Seattle.

5 comments:

Annette-California said...

Reflecting back on that wonderful sunny weekend, getting to meet you in person and what a great time we all had taking your classes. Now I have a completed beautiful keepsake that you designed. I just love it Ellen.
Thank you for sharing my Lady's Worke Box on your lovely post.
Happy to know the needlecase I made for you gets to join you on your traveling adventures:))) love Annette

Jackie's Stitches said...

Annette is not only a talented stitcher and finisher, she is one of the nicest, most generous blogger that I "know". So wonderful to see her beautiful finish!

Marilyn said...

A gorgeous design, and gorgeous stitching too.
What a treasure.
Marilyn

Vickie said...

A gorgeous job by Annette. She is such a wonderful friend.

woolwoman said...

beautiful design and a beautiful finish. I know you will enjoy using it. How wonderful to have Ellen teaching in Seattle again in the fall. Mel