Saturday, May 20, 2017

Samplers from the Warren County Historical Society

 As I was sorting through old photos, I ran across these from the Warren County Historical Society Museum in Lebanon, Ohio.  Taking photos was challenging due to overhead lights and flash reflections on the glass, but I thought you might enjoy seeing these photos anyway.










No matter what I tried, this photo would not upload in the right
orientation, but it is such a wonderful sampler that I decided  to
include it anyway.




These are just a fraction of the samplers in the Warren County Historical Society's collection.

In 2013, I showed some more photos from this wonderful little museum. If you're interested, you can view them at http://withmyneedle-ellen.blogspot.com/2013/03/samplers-friends-and-hot-cross-bunsoh-my.html.  You'll need to go about halfway down the posting to see the photos and write-up.

5 comments:

Barb said...

What a beautiful collection of samplers. When I lived in Louisville we often went to Lebanon for a day trip. I did go back,thanks for sharing these wonderful needle works!

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Beautiful collection of samplers.

Margaret said...

What a treat to see this collection! Wonderful!

Marilyn said...

What a beautiful collection.
Thanks for sharing the pics.
Marilyn

Meriem said...

Thanks for sharing,
beuatiful collectio