Saturday, October 16, 2010

Dee's Fruit of the Vine Sampler Huswif

Dee L from Canton, Ohio recently sent me two photos of her completed Fruit of the Vine Sampler Huswif. Dee took this class in May when I taught it for the Inn Stitches' Spring Fling.

The first photo shows the outside of Dee's huswif, the inside of her needleroll, and her scissors weight.
The next photo shows the inside of Dee's huswif, her scissors weight, and the outside of her needleroll. Beautiful, Dee!The largest stitched piece can either be made into a huswif, as Dee so beautifully did, or framed. (You may remember in August seeing Edna's framed version.)

Dee is an exquisite needleworker! On several occasions I've been able to see her work in person. Her stitching and her finishing are absolutely beautiful! Dee's name may be familiar to many of you because I've shown some of her work before. Click here and here to see more examples of Dee's beautiful workmanship.

Dee, thank you for sharing these photos of one of your latest accomplishments. I'm looking forward to seeing you at the Inn Stitches Spring Fling 2012, if not before.

Fruit of the Vine is my newest teaching piece. I've already scheduled three classes for 2011: on February 28 and March 1, I'll be teaching it for the Sarasota Embroiderer's Guild of America in Sarasota, Florida; then on April 9 I'll teach in Leesburg, Virginia for the Loudoun Sampler Guild; then in mid-May I'll be teaching the class for Fobbles in Cumbria (England). More details and contact information for each class are at my website.

I hope you'll be able to find some time to stitch over this lovely weekend. At long last, I have my much needed precription eyeglasses so I'm now able to stitch for the first time in months!! Yipee!! I hope tomorrow to finish the personalization on Garrett's birth sampler so that I can take it to my framer on Monday or Tuesday.

5 comments:

Margaret said...

What beautiful work Dee did! I really love this piece! Congrats on your glasses -- I bet you're so happy to be stitching again! Hope your back is recovering nicely.

Sandra said...

Absolutely stunning, thanks for sharing. I love the colour of the silk lining.

Marylin /Poussy said...

oh very beautiful !
A young hello to you in passing,
A good day
Best regards marylin

Sherry :o) said...

I hope that needle and thread in your hand feels wonderful and you get to stitch until your heart's content!

JoAnn said...

Dee's Huswufe is beautiful. I got to see it in the WIP stage and didn't know she had finished it. I hope to get to see the completed stage real soon. JoAnn